Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Foundations for Pale Skin: Pale Test #2 - Rimmel Match Perfection 100 IVORY

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Rimmel Match Perfection foundation Shade 100 Ivory pale skin my pale skin

Rimmel Match Perfection foundation Shade 100 Ivory pale skin my pale skin  swatch

swatch Rimmel Match Perfection foundation Shade 100 Ivory pale skin my pale skin

I get asked on an almost daily basis which foundations are the best for pale skin tones, and this series is going to explore all different types of foundations from varying brands and at all price levels which will hopefully help you to make a decision on which foundation is right for you! 

In universal skin tone terms.. I'm an NC15 in Mac. However, Mac isn't really doing it for me foundation wise at the moment, so i'm on the hunt for a replacement that will be the perefect foundation for My Pale Skin. 

Product:  Rimmel Match Perfection is a product I often see popping up on various blogs.  Famed for its dewy and radiant effect it gives to skin, It was one I was very much looking forward to trying. I chose the  shade that was available in my local Boots 100 - Ivory.

Packaging:  The foundation comes in a a sturdy glass tube, It's fairly tall,  so if you have a small make up bag for your handbag it may not fit in there, just as a word of warning. The bottle has a pump applicator which is a good start, although the lid isn't the greatest, as it just pops on or off, so it's likely to come undone easily if it's loose in your bag. 

Coverage: It's a light to medium coverage foundation that is actually fairly runny when it pumps out of the tube. Be careful with that... I only wanted a small drop in my picture, instead I ended up with a lake.

Finish: I'd say the foundation leaves a dewy finish on my combo skin.

Colour:  Well, I don't know about you, but the only place i'd wear this foundation is to the bathroom... to wash it off. 
It's so unsuitable It hasn't actually made it onto my face. Why it's called Ivory I don't know... I'd class this more as a natural beige or a beige. 

Final Verdict:  I think it's safe to say that no further tests are needed on the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation. It has FAILED the pale test... miserably... without a shadow of a doubt.  At least it was only £6.99, it could have been a lot worse...


As Always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this foundation or what you'd like me to try next, let me know in the comments. xxx

17 comments:

  1. Great post Em, I have lots of good reviews on this foundation - at the minute I am loving Nars Sheer Glow! xx

    www.lulabelloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the lightest shade light Porcelain? I suggest you try that as I am very,very pale and this suited me, with ivory being too dark! x

    http://ninegrandstudent.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about this foundation so I would love to try it, and great price too :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ivory isn't the lightest shade - I am incredibly pale also and this foundation in 010 Light Porcelain is a great match for me! I love the formula too ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this foundation, 100 is great for me:) http://rosebeautynow.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Porcelain is the lightest shade they do, but I think it's quite pink. So if you're an NC in MAC then you're undertones are yellow I'm assuming! Try Revlon Coloustay or L'Oreal True Match - they have great shade ranges! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review really loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great series, really looking forward to the next one!
    Simone | Thirty Something OAP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review :) I've always found that Rimmel foundations are too dark for me xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I'd told you it wasn't pale enough before you bought it, then could have saved your pennies ;) It's shocking how some companies actually think these shades are suitable for fair skinned maidens... sigh. I've spent so much money trying to find the perfect foundation shade! Great post nonetheless, and hopefully it'll help others when making a decision whether to buy it or not :)

    Frankie x
    Crazyblondegal

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never used Rimmel foundation before. That definitely looks more like a light to medium colour. Not ivory for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's annoying how the us have more shades. They have light ivory which would be perfect for me

    ReplyDelete
  13. With healthy skin, you will not have to use a lot of cosmetics. If you spend a lot of time cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing, you should not use too much concealer and foundation.
    Vietnamese hair
    Vietnam hair

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am generally thought of as very pale by people, but mainly because I have dark hair and the contrast is strong against my skin and eyes; in fact I wear Rimmel shade 100 ivory, which is perfect for me, but ivory is always a slightly warm/neutral shade, not the lightest or pinkist, that would be more of a porcelain shade. There are some excellant shade cards online so you can see what each one looks like before buying, and 100 and 200 are classed as neutral, not cool i.e. pink tones, as you will see.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pertama Kali Bermalam di Hotel kemungkinan https://spotpiknikseru.com/ menjadi salah satu langkah untukmu yang ingin melarikan diri di tengah-tengah wabah.

    Untuk kamu yang pertama kali bermalam di hotel eksklusif pasti dihadapi dengan istilah-istilah yang mungkin tidak pernah didengarkan.

    ReplyDelete